Wednesday, January 07, 2009

the cookie recipe!

I am not a chef. And I am not a pro. But I do bake from time to time. There are some good times, there are the greats, and there are the moronic times when I accidentally put garlic flavored nuts in my cookie batter (back in highschool) , resulting into a very weird taste of cookies. (imagine sweetness with the garlic smell.)

If I'm Bella and I'm giving my garlic-choco-chip cookies to Edward, it is guaranteed that Edward will never even want me anymore.

Lol.

Well, those are the stupid moments.

So, I take a chance to post my usual procedures in making choco-chip cookies. with no RECIPES! yep, no recipes.
pictures only.
Because this recipe is mine and mine only, and I will only pass it to my children.
So, go figure. :D hahaha.
You can tell that there's sugar, butter and brown sugar here. :D
And an egg :D
Mix 'em nice and neatly. I think you're supposed to do them manually. But I got lazy. Besides, the only time I have to bake is either Saturdays and Sundays or after work. And since my Saturdays and Sundays are always filled with activities, I can only bake them at the weirdest hour. :D
Okay, one thing I will tell you. I use Hersey's small chocolate chips. I got them from Changi airport last September. I know, what a weird place to buy chocolates right? Well not really. They have a whole store just for those sweets. And its on sale *blush* So i thought, what the heck. Just buy them and stock 'em. So here I am, making the cookies with the chips :D
set them few cms apart, since they tend to spread as they're baked
teaspoon sizes, to ensure maximum oomph-ness and crunchiness.. (is this even a word? I don't know..)
it may looked ugly here. I'm not a master at making those pretty cookies with chocochips sticking out from various corners, but for me, this one is good enough. The chocolate chips are small sized, and they're scattered around inside the cookies. So when you take a bite, it melts in your mouth, but still crunchy. It tasted like the one you buy from the supermarkets. hahaha. I'm not joking. They really do! Maybe because of the texture? I don't know. What I do know is this recipe is DEFINITELY going into my Golden Recipe Book :D
a close up view of the cookies. (i know, I'm so vain)
I wish I have better camera so I can capture every bit of the chocolate chips inside. but too bad, this is taken with my sister's cybershot Sony. I will try and look out for a decent price SLR at Singapore. My sister's friend told me that all the SLR cameras at Singapore are having a good bargain.. so I might get one there ( if the price is right of course..! haha)

Happy guessing!

No comments: