Wednesday, August 27, 2008

the vintage films, HORRORS!

I just realized that diana dreamer requires 120 medium format films. I thought that was easy to find at Jakarta, or Lampung in fact. But guess what??

I was wrong.

ITS RIDICULOUSLY HARD TO FIND, to the point where i thought they extinct!!!

At first i called my photographer friend Iwan and chat for a while. Then i asked whether he sell 120 medium format films, and he told me that his store don't carry that anymore. But i don't blame him. Lampung is such a small city, so maybe there's only a few of lomo-fans around here. (or maybe its only me! hahaha, you'll never know)

So i called a few stores at Jakarta to check if they carry them. I called Oktagon, and they don't have it. I don't blame them too, because they only sell DIGITAL stuffs. hahaha.

I called Aneka Store at Pasar Baru. They don't have them either. its out of stock, they says.
I am beginning to get worried...

So i call my other friend, Iman. He's a photographer too, and he's at Jakarta. He should know.
He told me that his lomo-craze friends get his films at Aneka. I told him that they're out of stock. Iman told me that if Aneka don't have them, then chances that any other store have them are quite slim.

I AM MORTIFIED!


this thing brings hell into my life for the last 3 hours.

I start surfing online like mad, and call any number that i think have any clues on 120 medium format films.

THEY DON'T HAVE THEM!!
aargghh!!! such hell.

Daino is being such a dear and help me by giving me numbers to call, in hope they have it.
Miki too. He told me that Sudirman FX might have them, and told me some infos.

In the middle my frustrations, i started to think of selling the Diana Dreamer Camera, since I can't find the films, so it will do me no good.

AND THEENN...

i remembered that Aksara bookstore sells Lomo. So i called them. if they sell the cameras, they ought to sell the films too.

TURNS OUT THEY HAVE IT!!! HALLELUYAH!!!

I ordered 10 rolls. just in case. And i reserve them under my name. hahaha. kiasuness strikes.

They told me to pick the films up by today, because they can only reserve the films for a day.
im like.. uh oh...

aksara is at kemang.
MY HOUSE IS AT FRIGGIN KARAWACI!

there's no one I can ask to pick the damn films.
Im beginning to freak out again.

I called Irinne and ask if her wedding gown designer who lived at Kemang can pick it up for me, since she's meeting him this weekend.
She calle him, and he's staying over at his mother's place somewhere else. bah.

I asked mom if i can ask her driver to pick it up at Kemang, she says i can't, since dad is with e driver.

And in the middle of my frustrations, mum started asking stuffs, like.. "what is it that you want to get from Kemang?" "is it that important?" "is it for your Honda project?" "Why aren't you working? HOw come you still have time to take care of these stuffs?"

GAAAHHH!!!!!!

i don't even bother to answer her.

So i call my last hope. My sister.
Ask if there's anyone she knows who's going to kemang tonight.

AND SHE CAME TO MY RESCUE!!
her Shell Friend, Nazir, is eating dinner at Kemang tonight. ahhhh i (L) him.

And she's meeting him this weekend, so i can use the camera by Sunday! HIP HIP HOORAH!!!!

i love you sis *smooching her like mad*
will post y'all my diana dreamer pics soon! AHAHAHAH.

random:
(found this old scanned neo-prints, hehehe)

No comments: