Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Milan day # 2

Buon Giorno! Or in plain english : GOOD FRIGGIN MORNING EVERYONE!
after 12 - tiring- hours on the plane.. (well, not completely tiring though, cuz i get to SLEEP with pillows and blankets horizontally, hahahaha. ).. we've finally arrived at Malpensa, Milan :D

My first impression of Milan is : how goth! Most of the buildings that we passed through looked something like this :


doesn't it reminds you of Hunchback of Notredame? LOl. but less creepier though. Its so beautiful, i can't stop taking pictures!~


in front of the famous church at Duomo with Rafael

FYI, Duomo is one of the largest and most luxurious spot to shop at Milan. They have all the upper-class brands here. And it streches quite far away, we walked up to this street called via Montenapoleone and to Via Della Spiga, up there they have boutiques like Chanel, Hermes, and lots more. I personally don't splurge that much for branded stuffs, I like Vintage shops more, but when it comes to Italy, I know I have to get me some 'branded' stuffs.

So I ended up buying a pair of Giuseppe Zanotti flats, Salvatore Feragammo bangle, Roberto Cavalli sunnies, and a Chanel credit card holder.. Not that much compared to my roomies Maggie, (she shops like MAD btw, lol. i love her )

Ahem.

Anyway, will post the shopping finds later.
So.. where were we? Oh yeah, the Milan gothic churches.

Thats me (far left, with Andre - Honda Tendean, and Maggie - my roomie)

why is the lady at the far left holding her thing? weird...

this is Galleria Vittorio Emanuele

Tips from me :
When in Milan, SPLURGE! Or else you WILL regret it. They have a WIDE range of brands, and its a LOT cheaper than Asia. Maggie bought an LV bag which is Rp.2mil cheaper than Jakarta!
Its CRAZEEH. The shoes are cheaper, so you have to get some.
But you have to have some patience, because the shopkeeper can get a little anal when it comes to us touching the displays.

THATS RIGHT!

TOUCHING THE DISPLAYS!!!

We Asians LOVE trying on the display shoes. Its our thing. We touch in order to appreciate. Call us Kinetestics groups. We're not Audio, we're not Visual.

We LOVE TO TOUCH!

And these friggin Italians won't let us touch, let alone try the shoes.
We have to get some 'assistance'.
And when we politely agree to their 'terms',

they keep on repeating the same sentence :

Uno momento,

One moment please..
Be patient please..

It seems like they love the shoes too much, they don't want to sell it.

Humph.

Me not trying or able to try on shoes <-- SUPER PISSED OFF.

hahaha..

Am sorry, I got carried away.

Ahem, anyway, where were we?
Oh yeah, the OTHER funny thing about Italians is how they LOVE shoes SO MUCH, a lot of them take pictures of the shoes on the display!

At first I thought its just another blogger like me who takes pictures for their blogs.
But then, next to the dude, another Chinese couples snapping all the shoes on display, one by one. with an SLR Camera too!

And then I thought, oh maybe this is some Chinese Tourists who take pictures of the shoes so they can make the knock-offs at China. (a little cruel I know, but true)

I thought it stopped there. I was wrong.

then came a bunch of other people who take pictures of the shoes!!
And here I am , standing inside the store, looking at those peeps taking random pics of all the shoes and boots and stillettos and pumps and sandals. Kinda make me feel like a superstar, since the flash reflected on me.

It got me thinking for a brief second that they're the Papz and I'm Ms. Hilton.

Hahaha. Daydreaming...

Anyway, will post Day # 3 soon enough.

I think I babble long enough about shoes to put all of you to bed.

But I know that the girls will read this through 'til the end. *wink*

No comments: