Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Pempek..








Its funny. I am part Palembang, part Lampung.
And both cities are known for the pempek.
But the one thing that I don't know (one among the many others, lol) is how to make pempek. I promised myself that I will learn how to make pempek this year (I think it's in my 2009 New Year resolution?) and now, the end of the year is coming and I STILL don't know how to make pempek.

One thing I know for sure though :) is that I love love love them!

Been eating them since 5 years old, I think, or maybe younger? (thanks to my mom who introduced me to this local food since at such a young age) haha..
well, above is Sadly not pempek made my me, its made by my mom's pretty friend, Ii Elly, and she's kind enough to make her famous pempek at her recent weekend getaway at our place. We love you ii!

You should see how tiny she make the pempek, its really practical! Its bitesize! ;)
L.O.V.E.S I.T!

and the fruit above, just in case you're wondering, its my mom's baby :D its her pride and joy, and I'm just taking pics of it for fun, I plan to print one for her and frame it, because believe it or not, we have framed pictures of fruits on our backyard, next to dad's no.7 golf club. hahaha. the one he use to practice for swings.
sitting side by side, harmonically.

its amazing how 2 very different people can live with each other. and have 3 kids. :D haha.

No comments: