Tuesday, March 24, 2009

the bridesmaid diary..

my cousin's wedding

Isa's Wedding

Irinne's Wedding

There's this belief at Chinese Tradition that a girl must never be a bridesmaid more than 3 times. They said that its going to slow that girl's wedding's path.
Meaning : NOT Getting MARRIED SOON! in other word.. MARRIED LATE.
and as I can hear my dad Wohoo-ing in joy from far away, it is definitely not one of my dream to get married late :S

Being raised in the semi-western school since 5th grade with my semi-western minded parents and dating the semi-western boyfriend, I would say 'BOLLOCKS!' to this and not care at this superstitious crap.

But then beliefs always have their base .. and in this case, I started listening to all the auntie's stories and the gossips. And somehow it FRIGGIN TRUE!!
Auntie X's daughter somehow ended up being an old virgin (well, we don't know about that.. ahem) because she accepts way too many bridesmaid offers, and then she forgets to collects the hongbao (the red envelope) from the bride... hence she's an old maid now.
ITS SCARING THE SHIT OUT OF ME!!!

so Yes peeps, since I've been bridesmaid for 3 times (refer to the pictures above) , sadly I have to say that I can't accept bridesmaid offers anymore.

Sobs.. oh just thinking of all those beautiful dresses that I will never have...

(no peeps, over here at Indonesia its not always like at US where bridesmaid dresses are horrendously colorful and very festive. Over here, its mostly demure and polite with a pinch of color or tweaks here and there.. but still fattening somehow.. or maybe its just me. lol)

Anyway, I'm altering all my bridesmaid dresses and I'm going to add crystals and laces here and there and turn them into cocktail dresses. Recession has taken its toll on me and it has make me creative.

NOTE : KREATIF means KERE TAPI AKTIF.
So watch out for the altered dresses! I will try to put the before and after picture side by side just for the sake of it :D Maybe it'll give you some inspirations to do your own.

anyway,
I hope the brides don't mind :P

2 comments:

Unknown said...

say bridesmaid kalo kaya pager ayu gt jg diitung? waks gue kira cuman kalo maid of honor haha...
kalo jaman kita kecil diitung ga =P
kalo diitung dah 3 kali jg donk gue haha

Steffie Tjen said...

setau gua sih cuma bridesmaid yah. pager ayu kaga. nah kalo masa2 kecil diitung, gua uda berapa kali yah??? AHAHAH.