Thursday, March 05, 2009

A very senile city...

I was BBM-ing with my girlfriend just now (for those of you tech-dumbs, BBM is Black Berry Messenger, lolz)
we were discussing about the cost of a wedding dress,
wedding photography,
wedding videography,
and about the total cost for the venue and everything..

and she told me that her parents spend quite a lot of money for her engagement party at Lampung,

so I thought maybe I'll do something small..
since Louis and I have decided not to ask for our parent's money (well unless they gave it to us voluntarily, that will be a WHOLE different story,:D)

and I told her ..
"yeah all I have to do is keep my ears closed, because there's gonna be so much yapping and complaints from my dad's friends who were uninvited.."

I really want to have one at Bali, and I read from the brochures that the venue can only fit 150 peoples,
so...
75 from his side,
75 from my side.

hmmm....
i have more than 75 friends.
So maybe just the close friends.
thats around.. like... 30??
and I have lots of relatives.
Thats easily 45.
That leaves no more room for my parent's friends! hahahah..!!

But heck, since we're funding it, we can invite whoever we want y'all!

so if they complains about being uninvited, we can say : "well, its our par-tay dawg!! it ain't yours. we pay for it, so we invite whoever we want!"

Anyway, back to the main topic.
She was telling me about the ridiculous things Lampung people said to her dad.
Some of them complains that they were uninvited..
and her dad goes like.. "I don't even know who he is!"

and some of them even complains about the total costs of the wedding..
"why waste so much money during crisis like this?'
and she goes like :"duh! its his money!! he can do whatever he want with it! "

very weird group of people Lampung people are...
I can conclude this one thing though :

Lampung is a very senile city,

filled with grandpas and grandmas,
who keeps on complaining alllll daaayyy about whatever they can complain about.
Who keeps on gossiping until their own child 'kena' gossips, and theen they'll gossip even more about the people who gossiped about their family,
resulting into a very fucked up chaotic gossip chains.

Yes people. Lampung, a very senile city.
Stay away from this area!!!!
its TOXIC I TELL YOU...

TOXIC!!


seriously.

1 comment:

Mary said...

I love how your rant reads like a long poem.
it's so charming, and you're right, every dollar you spend on your wedding is one you cant put towards a house, so people need to deal because it's YOUR wedding!