Thursday, April 30, 2009

During these global economic crisis...

during these economic crisis, we must be a smart shopper.
release your inner creativity Diva...
and try to make the best use of whatever we have in our closet.
because believe me,
in your closet,
there lies around 40% of clothes that you hardly wear or even touch..
Simply because they're out of style,
they don't suit your bodytype (anymore)
or you wear them too often, and you don't feel like wearing them anymore..

Let me give you some of ideas to revamp those poor babies...

I surf topshop to look at their latest new arrival, only to found that some of these things I can make by my own (or done by the nearest tailor with a minimum cost.. ahh the beauty of third world country and their cheap labour)
LETS BEGIN!!!
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.


Project # 1.

cropped white shirt. Which can be easily done with any white shirt that you're bored of. Just alter it to your desired length, hem it and voila! white topshop cropped shirt!

Project # 2.

I love these headbands. they're cute, but they're amazingly expensive at those stores. And when I look at it, I know I can make one myself. All I need is some plastic or fabric flowers (preferrably from mom's collection, *grin*)
Measure your head...
pluck 'em off,
and sew them with colorful elastic band,
and yay! whimsical accessories!

Project # 3.

I love gingham cropped tops. but again , they're EXPENSIVE. and I remember I used to have those gingham tops I can alter :)
and for the skirt, look to the nearest fabric stores at Pasar Baru. They're extremely cheap! and buy satin linings, go to the tailor, get them made. :)
its one of a kind, and you can pick the flower patterns !
you can even make stripes and polkadots!
go nuts!

Last project :


got a boring flower top? Got them altered with zippers at the front! Make sure you make one with low neckline, because its just better :)
Zipper is the new thing baby!
put them on your metallic leggings,
on your mini skirt (you can even alter the flower skirt with shocking pink zipper, or yellow zipper on the side or on the front :D)

anyway,
and here's one thing you can buy online from topshop, because they're just classic and chic!
Suede Puff Shoulder Jacket - barbara hulanicki
loves it :)



No comments: